To place an ad here, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or
to create an advert
Technician – Electrical/Mechanical
We are looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Minimum Qualification: High School (S.S.C.E)
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain mechanical, electrical, or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Promptly attend to any electrical faults on-site with minimum time required
- Periodically carry out preventive and corrective maintenance on machines and equipment
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair and ensure compliance.
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels, etc.)
- Complying with service standards, work instructions, and customers' requirements.
- Start and stop generators.
- Monitor and troubleshoot operating equipment
- Other duties are assigned to you by the Head of Technical Services.
- Academic qualification of either a high school certificate (SSCE), OND or an HND
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience as an electrical technician, and willingness to continue in the field.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical, mechanical, and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter, etc.) and electrical drawings.
- Good Knowledge and practice of Health and Safety.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.