To place an ad here, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or
to create an advert
General Ledger Accountant
Under the general supervision of the Financial and Accounts Manager, the General Ledger Accountant will be responsible for general accounting functions including preparing journal entries, entering deposits, and maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account in accordance with IFRS and company policy using the SAGE software. The person will support and contribute actively with monthly closings reports, and account analysis reports and support the Financial Accounts Manager in relevant and related Finance responsibilities.
- Minimum Qualification: HND
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 7 years
- Maintains the integrity of the general ledger including the preparation, verification, and input of journal entries. Also, prepares analysis of accounts as requested.
- Enters deposits into accounting software and verifies accurate accounts and amounts are entered.
- Imports and records account payable transactions in the general ledger.
- Weekly and monthly reconciliation of current, payable, and inter-outlets accounts
- Reconciles and maintains balance sheet accounts.
- Assists with month-end and year-end closings, and annual financial statement audits.
- Consult with the Financial Accountants and Finance team regarding major policy decisions, major expenditures, and unusual problems.
- Update of outlet’s current account.
- Raising all relevant month-end journals for financial accountant approval.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned by direct supervisor.
- Either a B.Sc. or HND in Accounting / Banking / Finance.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience as an Accountant or General Ledger Accountant.
- Ability to use SAGE Evolution, Sage 50, or any related software for financial postings.
- Ability to generate relevant financial reports relating to General Ledger and Journal Entries.
- High level of responsibility, Business acumen, and leadership skills.
- The ideal candidate must be a Chartered Accountant or possess ACCA professional certifications.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.